Looking to boost your career in the security industry? A certification can help! Here you’ll find information on some of the leading certifications in physical security and cybersecurity and the organizations that offer them, as well as links to learn more and get started on certification.
ESA is a large trade association representing the electronic security and life safety industry; its member companies install, integrate and monitor intrusion and fire detection, video surveillance and electronic access control systems. ESA offers certifications for alarm, fire, intrusion, security sales, video, systems integration and security sales professionals as well as service technicians.
- Certified Alarm Technician (CAT) Level I
- Certified Alarm Technician (CAT) Level II
- Certified Fire Alarm Technician (CFAT)
- Certified Fire Alarm Designer (CFAD)
- Certified Intrusion Technician (CIT)
- Certified Residential Fire Alarm Inspector (CRFAI)
- Certified Security Sales (CSS)
- Certified Security Systems Integrator (CSSI)
- Certified Service Technician (CST)
- Certified Systems Integrator (CSI)
- Certified Video Technician (CVT)
SIA is a trade association for global security solution providers, with over 1,100 member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts. As a not-for-profit trade organization driven by volunteers, SIA offers education, certification, standards, advocacy and industry events. SIA provides certification for security project managers and cybersecurity for the physical security industry.
ASIS International is a membership organization for security management professionals, providing its members with learning, networking, standards and research. ASIS International offers certifications for protection and physical security professionals as well as investigators.
GIAC is a certification provider created to validate the skills of information security professionals. GIAC certifications focus on key knowledge and skills necessary for practitioners in computer, information and software security.
- Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- Cloud Security Essentials (GCLD)
- Cloud Penetration Tester (GCPN)
- Defending Advanced Threats (GDAT)
- Enterprise Vulnerability Assessor (GEVA)
- Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Security Expert (GSE)
- Security Leadership Certification (GSLC)
International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council)
EC-Council is a cybersecurity technical certification body that operates and certifies information security professionals globally. EC-Council’s certifications include offerings for ethical hackers, forensics investigators, security analysts and penetration testers.
- Advanced Network Defense (CAST 614)
- Advanced Penetration Testing
- Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE) – Java
- Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE) – .Net
- Certified Blockchain Professional (CBP)
- Certified Chief Information Security Officer (CCISO)
- Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and CEH Master
- Certified Incident Handler (ECIH)
- Certified Network Defender (CND)
- Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA)
- Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPENT)
- Certified Secure Computer User (CSCU)
- Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)
- Certified Security Specialist (ECSS)
- Certified SOC Analyst (CSA)
- Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst (CTIA)
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- Disaster Recovery Professional (EDRP)
- Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT)
ISACA is a global professional association and learning organization with chapters worldwide and members working in information security, governance, assurance, risk and privacy. ISACA offers certifications in information systems, risk and cybersecurity.
(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on strengthening cyber safety and security. The organization offers a suite of security credentials.