At the Foundation for Advancing Security Talent (FAST), we love security technicians.
They’re the everyday heroes whose work ensures that security and safety technologies are installed and supported so that people and property are protected. It’s not an easy job: They’re wizards who have to know the newest technologies and equally know the labor skills required for complex installations, and how to work with clients in demanding environments.
And that’s why we’re celebrating them on the first-ever #NationalSecurityTechnicianDay this Monday, January 23.
FAST created National Security Technician Day to recognize the contributions techs make, and we want your help. Here are two ways you can participate:
Help Spread the Word About #NationalSecurityTechnicianDay
Let’s blow up social media to show our appreciation!
- Use the graphics below for FAST’s National Security Technician Day (each image can be downloaded and customized). Use our graphics or create a custom graphic using your company’s brand to celebrate the day.
- Help us spread the word! Tag #NationalSecurityTechnicianDay and the Foundation for Advancing Security Talent (FAST) on social media (we’re on LinkedIn here and on Facebook here).
- Announce your support of National Security Technician Day to your partners and clients to help
Make a Plan to Celebrate Security Technicians
Make the day special for your security technicians or those of your partners. Can’t celebrate on Monday? Pick another day for your internal celebration and simply announce your plans this Monday.
Here are some ideas to show your appreciation:
- Host a luncheon, cookout, or other event for your team to celebrate technicians support security, fire and other safety systems.
- Surprise your techs with swag. Think cool gear, tools and apparel.
- Put your money where your heart is: Gift cards or spot bonuses go a long way to show appreciation for techs.
- Reward them with some time off or a short day!
- Invest in their training/professional development.
- Recognize your techs or techs you know. Even better, encourage your clients and partners to recognize some of their favorite techs; it’s hard to beat client appreciation.
Thanks for being part of National Security Technician Day!
National Security Technician Day Graphics Toolkit
Use the graphics below to help show your support of National Security Technician Day. Feel free to download and adapt any of the graphics to customize for your firm’s message.