FAST is hiring! See our open job description below and information on how to apply at the bottom of this post.
Job Description: FAST Executive Director
The Foundation for Advancing Security Talent (FAST) is a 501(c)(3) organization created in 2019 by the Electronic Security Association (ESA) and the Security Industry Association (SIA) to promote careers in the physical security technology industry.
FAST is dedicated to connecting passionate, innovative professionals with new opportunities in the electronic security and life safety industry. Through a partnership of the industry’s leading associations, ESA and SIA, FAST brings awareness to the career advancement opportunities within the fast-paced technology industry that serves to keep people, places and property safe.
The position of FAST Executive Director is an exciting role for an individual who has a passion for workforce development, sincere interest in technology, and excitement for promoting an innovative and essential industry to the next generation of security leaders.
In addition to serving as the primary point of contact to the FAST Board of Directors and senior leadership at ESA and SIA, the FAST executive director will have primary responsibility in key strategic areas:
- Promoting the mission of FAST to schools, colleges, universities, and former law enforcement/veterans to increase awareness of the exciting and rewarding careers that are available in the security industry.
- Overseeing the performance of research on the industry’s workforce development needs.
- Identifying potential private and government grant funding that can be used to further FAST programs.
- Increasing financial support for FAST from ESA and SIA members and the industry overall.
- Collaborating with ESA/SIA professional staff, as appropriate, and like-minded non-profit organizations.
General Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare an annual budget for consideration and approval by the FAST Board of Directors.
- Prepare applications for government and private sector grant assistance.
- Develop and implement annual Board-approved fundraising strategies.
- Assist the FAST Board of Directors in enhancing the current and potential value of the Foundation through strategic planning exercises.
- Serve as the primary FAST spokesperson to media, academic institutions, and industry and government stakeholders.
- Work closely with the SIA and ESA marketing teams to develop tactics related to the implementation of public relations, fundraising, and event initiatives.
- Develop an outreach plan to colleges and universities to promote the value of the industry and career/internship opportunities.
- Manage outside vendors in the performance of research/benchmarking projects.
- Implement strategies to increase awareness and use of the Foundation Jobs Board.
- Prepare agendas for the Board of Directors meetings and actively participate on Foundation committees as appropriate.
- Work with SIA and ESA Foundation support staff and FAST Board to develop annual goals, select meeting dates and plan events.
- Communicate key financial and performance outcomes to the Board of Directors, donors, and industry constituents.
- Ensure donor data and records are secure and maintained in a current, accurate, and usable format.
- Assure compliance with all pertinent federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to fundraising programs and non-profit organizations and the Foundation’s tax-exempt status.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 5 years experience required.
- Proven record of success in corporate and foundation fundraising, preferably at a business-oriented foundation.
- Proven ability to leverage the expertise of Foundation’s Board members, understanding their interests, priorities, and level of desired involvement in the Foundation.
- Demonstrated leadership in management and planning.
- Knowledge of government regulations and tax-exempt policies on Foundation and other programs.
- Experience successfully applying for government/private sector grants.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent
To apply for the job, please send your application, including a cover letter and resume, to email@example.com with a subject line of “Application for FAST Executive Director.”